Can I change extender frequencies on my Model RE200 TP link extender?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-26 01:56:52
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I just got a Model RE200 TP link extender which I setup using the WPS option with my TP-Link AC-1750 (Archer C7) router.

WPS assigned the same channels to the extender as the router is using, which causes contention.

I assumed the extender could talk to my router on one channel and talk to a client on a different channel -- was I wrong?

If I was wrong, it seems pretty useless in my house.

If I was correct, can I manually change the assigned extender channels?

I tried to do so by connecting my laptop to the extender using an ethernet cable rather than WiFi, but the HTTP connection times out, as seen in the attached screenshots.
File:
cantconnecttoextender.jpgDownload
cantreachextender.jpgDownload
Options
3 Reply
Re:Can I change extender frequencies on my Model RE200 TP link extender?
2017-06-27 17:26:11
The extender has to be in the same channel as the router, cannot be changed.
When the extender is connected to the router and working, the router will assign a different IP address to the extender, so you can't access to the setup page with 192.168.0.254. You can find the new IP address on the router's management page. Or you can try http://tplinkrepeater.net
Options
2017-06-27 23:36:41
> The extender has to be in the same channel as the router, cannot be changed.

I had a misconception -- I had assumed they would be able to receive on one channel and transmit on a different one. I can't seem to find a place in my house where the repeater does better than the original weak link from the router.

Options
2017-07-04 10:19:10
You can put the extender where you only can get 2 or 3 wifi signal bars from the router, and make sure the 2.4G and 5G lights on the extender are Green.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2154

Replies: 3