TP-LINK Product Versions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-LINK Product Versions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP-LINK Product Versions
TP-LINK Product Versions
2017-07-03 00:55:18
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I purchased the TP-Link AV1200 PA-8010 Powerline adapter kit a few months ago from Amazon. Unbeknownst to me at the time, I was sent an old version of the product (version 1). Since then I have dealt with my internet connections dropping every 30 minutes or so. I'm running Windows 10 and have a pretty good Powerline connection (250 Mbps). Unfortunately, it appears the version 1 firmware has been abandoned for newer versions that probably address this issue. I've tried all types of YouTube fixes, but none have corrected the situation. The question is, how is a consumer supposed to know what version of the hardware/software they are purchasing and what prevents the seller from unloading old stock at supposedly good prices? This is my second set of TP-Link Powerline adapters, and frankly, I'm a bit disappointed. I feel the users of older equipment are left out in the cold.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-LINK Product Versions
2017-07-03 16:03:25
At least the 8010P V1 do have somewhat newer firmware available.

http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-PA8010P-KIT_V1.html#Firmware

Mind your country specific version please. The link is for EU.
Options