tl-pa9020p connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

tl-pa9020p connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
tl-pa9020p connection
tl-pa9020p connection
2017-07-10 06:33:08
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Before I purchase the tl-pa9020p, I have a couple questions.
[*]In the US, most houses have 2 120v lines going to the circuit breaker box. I assume that both sender and receiver of the tl-pa9020p must be on the same circuit. Correct? And they will not work if one is on one circuit and the other is on the second circuit.
[*]With the tl-pa9020p, there are 2 cat 5 connections. I assume I can use 1 cat 5 port for the router and the second for another device. Correct? And on the receiver, I can use both ports for 2 devices, correct?
[*]I assume if there is any kind of filtering or spike protection, these devices will not work. Correct?
[*]I assume using an UPS with this device will not work, correct?
Options
2 Reply
Re:tl-pa9020p connection
2017-07-11 16:30:07
answers to your question:

[*]in the US, most houses have 2 120v lines going to the circuit breaker box. I assume that both sender and receiver of the tl-pa9020p must be on the same circuit. Correct? not quite sure
[*]And they will not work if one is on one circuit and the other is on the second circuit.
[*]With the tl-pa9020p, there are 2 cat 5 connections. I assume I can use 1 cat 5 port for the router and the second for another device. Correct? yes
[*]And on the receiver, I can use both ports for 2 devices, correct? yes
[*]I assume if there is any kind of filtering or spike protection, these devices will not work. Correct? yes
[*]I assume using an UPS with this device will not work, correct? yes
Options
Re:tl-pa9020p connection
2017-07-28 04:50:33
They should work across separate radial circuits from the same phase / fuse board, but crossing breakers often reduces performance...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 574

Replies: 2

Related Articles