Cannot get units to connect between Office and RV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-17 08:15:36
Model : TL-WPA4220TKIT

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm looking for suggestions to get these units up and running under the following conditions: I have an office with it's own electrical panel. I'm running a 30 amp line from the office panel to an RV electrical outlet approx. 100 feet from the office. The RV, of course, then connects to the RV outlet. The extender base unit plugs into an outlet above my workbench in the office and connects to my office switch. The wifi extender would be used in the RV, plugged directly into a wall outlet. I have been successfully using a similar type of setup from a different company for the past 8 months but when the unit failed, I had such a horrendous time with their customer service that I though I'd give these units from TP-Link a try given that I like the TP-Link routers that I have. I should note that the outlet the base unit is plugged into is not on the same physical circuit as the RV line, but they do both connect to the same side of the same electrical panel. I have tried relocating the base unit from the workbench to an outlet about 1 foot from the electrical panel where my router and switch are but still have had no luck Thanks in advance.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot get units to connect between Office and RV
2017-08-17 17:25:04
Before you connected the wifi extender to the RV, have you paired the base unit and extender unit.
Make sure the second lights are on on both units when they are in the same room first.
Then relocate them to the right place and check the middle light again. Plug them into wall outlet,not power extensions.
If the middle lights on both units are still on/flashing, they can work, otherwise they are not suitable for your house network environment.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 474

Replies: 1