What should I do if my Kasa device keeps losing connection or going Offline?

Released On: 2018-11-05 12:33:15Last update time: Yesterday

There are some circumstances in which Kasa smart devices do not work stably or lose connection from time to time, this could be due to the network environment or some other reasons, here are some helpful tips to fix the situation.

1. Ensure the router is working properly. Reboot the router and Kasa device and see if the smart device reconnects.

2. Ensure the Kasa smart device is receiving a Good Wi-Fi signal by checking the signal strength on the Kasa app. If the signal strength is less than -70dBm, move the Kasa device closer to your router for a try.

3. Update the firmware of the Kasa device and ensure the Kasa APP is up to date in the APP store or Google Play.

4. Turn off Advanced Wi-Fi settings on the router like "Band Steering" (also called "Smart Connect" or "Whole-Home Wi-Fi"), Wi-Fi Optimizing or "Channel optimization" etc.

5. [Optional] Try to configure the smart device to another router's 2.4G Wi-Fi or a mobile Hotspot Wi-Fi to verify whether this issue is related to the specific router.

Below are the detailed instructions to reference if needed. 
What should I do if my Kasa device keeps losing connection or going Offline?

You can start a new thread on the community according to your smart device's model number with the following information for further assistance if the problem remains.
1. The detailed problem description and the test results of the above tips.
2. Led status on a smart device when it's offline: Red/ Flashing Green/ Solid Green, etc. 
3. The model number Wi-Fi router and your network topology, e.g. ISP Spectrum-Archer C7 router<Wireless> Kasa device
4. How often does the issue happen?

Comment

My cable company changed the router and hence... the network name and password.  So, now my Bulbs and plugs are not on that network.  How can I reconnect them to the new network?  I'm on an Iphone and all I get is a message that it can't connect to the device.  I can't get to a Settings page to change the wifi name or anything.  Help

Nice information <ahref="https//www.motivationtips.in">

What was the outcome?

How do I do a factory set up

upload
    upload