Tether - Blocking and Unblocking Devices

Released On: 2019-09-25 19:35:58Last update time: 2022-05-09 23:41:20

Tether is a free app that Android and iOS users may download form their respective app store to manage their routers. This article will show how you can block unwanted devices from your Wi-Fi network.

To block a device from the network via Tether:

1. Launch the Tether app and tap Clients to go to the Clients page.

2. Slide left the desired device to block it, then you will see this device in the Blocked Clients list.

Note: For some models, the blocked device can still connect to the Wi-Fi, but it cannot access the internet.

To unblock a device from the network via Tether:

In the Blocked Clients list section, slide left the desired device to unblock it, then you will see this device is moved to the corresponding Clients list.

Comment

The app won't let me block my iPhone from connecting to my extender. I can block other clients, but the option isn't there for my iPhone. There is a small icon next to my iPhone on the client list, just like in the examples above. 

If I block a client like a security camera that stores images on an Internet data server, will my images still be recorded and sent to the server's cloud?

My server is Nexia, and I use 2.4 gHz to connect to camera and capture image.

Thank you,

P.S. If more information is needed, please let me know.

buster546

Very helpful, using Tether per above helped solve my "blocked client" issue so that I can now connect my HDTV wirelessly to the Internet!

Thanks!

Can you select multiple clients to block/unblock?
If so, how?
If not, why?

Thank you!!

What is the icon with the person next to it? My router?

The app won't let me look at blocked client list.

I unblocked my mobile phone as shown but still internet is NOT working. 

Plz help, how to resolve this issue

upload
    upload