Accessing the Web Interface

Released On: 2020-08-06 19:28:38Last update time: 2022-05-09 23:43:19

With a web-based utility, it is easy to configure and manage the router. The web-based utility can be used on any Windows, Macintosh, or UNIX OS with a Web browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari. It is a built-in internal web server that does not require internet access.  It does however require your device to be connected to the router.  This connection can be wired or wireless

Note: A lower version of your web browser may cause compatibility problems with the web-based utility (management page) of your device, such as unable to log into the interface, display incomplete features etc. If you have any issues, please use a different web browser or device.

Follow the steps below to log in to your router.

1. Make sure your computer is set up to automatically receive an IP address (DHCP). Most computers are already set to this by default.

2. Visit http://tplinkwifi.net and create a login password for secure management purposes. Then click Let’s Get Started to log in.

Note:

If you have registered a TP-Link ID and bound your cloud router to it, the login password you created here will be ineffective. Please log in to the cloud router using your TP-Link ID.

The default access address differs by model. Please find it on the bottom label of the product.

If you forget the password, please reset the router to factory default by pressing the reset button/hole on the router until the LED lights change their status.

Comment

I find questions like this suspicious: all new TP-LINK devices come with a (folded) set of instructions, which include the various web addresses for that device. If the questioner cannot read - fine - ask away. If the device has been nicked, at least find out for yourself; it's all on the Internet!

Hi 

Please assist as I cant remember my password and my IP Adress is 192.168.1.128

Please help!

@ Lungelo

It's clearly stated in the article how to begin recover from a lost password.

"If you forget the password, please reset the router to factory default by pressing the reset button/hole on the router until the LED lights change their status."

After this I believe you need to setup the router from scratch again.

Hope this help you forward!

Do I understand correctly that there is no way to log with an admin password if one select the TP-link login?

This looks like a major issue to me. If I have no internet connection and want to log to the router to check what is happening, I can't as the TP-link login doesn't work...

Is really the only option to get a no-internet access a factory reset and lose the ability to use the TP-link app?

Login to the web interface will not connect from device that has a reserved ip. I've never seen anything like this from all of my prior routers. I see no reference to it on the support pages or in the x68 manual. Has anyone else noticed this?

I have a C4000 router, and typically use the tether app to access the management of the device.  I recently attempted to use the web interface of the router. The router is still using the defualt http connection and while entering http://192.168.0.1 returns the login page, once I enter the username and password, it just stays on the same page, it does not load the management interface, this is true for both Chrome and Firefox.  Using Microsoft edge does load the management page.  I'm guessing this is something with site security settings in Chrome and Firefox, but I have not been able to determine how (or if) I can update the browser configuration to allow access.

Certainly using edge is a workaround, but Chrome is my preferred browser, and I would just like to figure it out.  Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

I can't even get to the tplinkwifi.net page! Page never loads. I've tried multiple browsers, disable anti-virus, restarting, clearing caches, etc.

Oh, yeah. I'm wired directly in! Reccommedations?

I had an Archer C8 that fried (literally). So I purchased an Archer AX21. Could get to the page on the C8 - not the AX21. Why???

Wanted to update this article to correct a bunch of bad information I originally typed below....

• It turns out that the W11 pc I used to provision the new AX3000 Pro had a running Wireguard interface that forwarded packets on 192.168.0.0/24 through a tunnel to my remote home network. 

• This conflicted with the default DHCP network for the AX3000 using the app....   Packets were bridged between the 2 locations and the remote router was responding when I tried to access the web interface.

So, the negatives below can be ignored.

The only "nits" I can expound about now is I can't edit the "name" of DHCP devices.  Many default to the mac address and it's hard to identify what device it actually is....  Also, the phone app should allow you to configure the DHCP range during initial configuration which would have avoided this mess in the first place.

Later and sorry for the premature flame...

Eric

I just purchased this AX3000 Pro.... What a disappointment it is in regards to provisioning!   I, like many, could not provision it using the web interface.  It prompted for a username and password, but there were no instructions on what the default values are after a factory reset for the username.  Chatting with technical support was worthless as they said the only help they could provide me was to reset the modem once again.

So, it forced me to use the phone app to provision the box which worked mostly, but did not provide me advanced DHCP options.

Accessing the web interface failed even though the phone application could connect.  It still prompted for username and password.

Eventually, I power cycled the unit and the next time I access the web interface it only prompted me for the "local password" created during the phone app setup.

I was then able to access the web interface ok.

It should be noted that there were 2 distinct web interfaces, 1 which was presented before the unit was provisioned by the web app, and a second after provisioning using the phone app.

I would have greatly preferred to NOT use the phone app or have to need or create a TP-link id.  What an invasion of privacy; forcing  you to create a web link to  your box to TP-link servers to provision it fully.

I also noticed when talking to the chat support staff that they asked me what my SSID was, and they actually "confirmed" it was what they saw on their end.  It's obvious that the phone app links the wifi modem to their servers and they can inspect various parameters provisioned on your unit.....

I'm using it now as configured but would love to learn what the default username and password is so I could reset it once more and configure it indenpendent of a link to tp servers....

My next step is to find out if there is any alternate firmware!

upload
    upload