Deco commonly asked questions

Released On: 2020-09-25 13:22:41Last update time: 2023-06-29 23:29:15

1What’s a Deco Whole-Home Wi-Fi System?

Perfect for homes seeking maximum Wi-Fi coverage with speed and simplicity for every user, Deco replaces a collection of routers and range extenders with an intelligent Wi-Fi system made up of multiple units working together seamlessly. Deco maintains a single network throughout your home, so you only see one network name and need only one network password. It ensures the best connection to all your devices, even when moving from room to room, whether you’re gaming, streaming, or browsing. Within minutes, the intuitive Deco app guides you through an easy setup process that gets each unit up and running and all your devices connected and online. Deco gives you the best possible home Wi-Fi experience.

2: Can multiple accounts manage a Deco network at the same time?

Currently, one Deco network can be controlled by the owner account and manager account, but the multiple accounts can’t manage a Deco network at the same time.

No matter whether you are using an owner account or manager account, only one user can log into the Deco app at the same time. If you log in while another user is already logged in the Deco app, the new user will kick out the old one.

3: Which wireless devices can I use to set up and manage my Deco network?

Both iOS and Android devices are supported. They must support Bluetooth 4.0 or later versions as well. Requirements: iOS 11 or later, Android 5.0 or later.

4: Can Deco replace my modem or router?

Deco is designed to replace most home routers. If your old router needs a modem to access the internet, then Deco should be used together with the existing modem.

5: Can I use Deco along with my current ISP?

Currently, Deco supports five internet connection types: PPPoE, Static IP, Dynamic IP, PPTP, and L2TP. That means Deco can work with most ISPs.

6Why does TP-Link require my email address?      

Your email address will be used:

• Verify your account.
  • Reset your password
  • Remote management of your Deco network
  • Work with third-party integration such as Amazon Alexa

7: Can I enable both online activity and device QoS at the same time? Which one has a higher priority?

The Deco app allows you to enable both at the same time. However, please note that, if the settings conflict, activity QoS takes priority over individual devices.

Note: Some Deco models only support device QoS, such as Deco M4 and E4, etc.

8: Can I connect my device to Deco?

Deco supports both wired and wireless connections.

For wireless devices, you only need to find Deco's Wi-Fi name on the client and connect with the Wi-Fi password.

You can also connect a device to the Deco network via an Ethernet cable, including PC, printers, TVs, etc. Each Deco provides two Ethernet ports on the back for wired devices. You can also connect a switch to the Ethernet port to expand the wired connections.

9: Can I manage my Deco network remotely?

Sure! After successfully binding Deco units to a TP-Link ID, users can manage a Deco network via the Deco app on their smartphone or tablet, even outside the house.

10: Does Deco support MU-MIMO?

Model

2.4G

5G

Deco X60

2x2 MU-MIMO

4x4 MU-MIMO

Deco M5/P7/M9Plus/X20

2x2 MU-MIMO

2x2 MU-MIMO

Deco E3/E4/M3/M4/S4

/

2x2 MU-MIMO

Comment

Can I mix match different deco models on the same network?

Is there anyway I can change the password to something I want it to be instead of the one that came when it got connected?

Is there a way to secure network? Mine says it is unsecured 

The 5Ghz channel that my Deco has chosen is very busy. Can I change the channel to a less cluttered one? 

@deweylarkin 

That's exactly the feature I really hope is added. I know the exact 5GHz channel I need to use and it's killing me to not have the ability to change it. My SNR is horrible due to the extremely low channels it switches between.  Fingers crossed 🤞

Always Be Kind

After installing Deco mesh network all my devices are connected and working except my PC. The deco network is not showing up as an available network.

How can I monitor and manager multiple Deco installations remotely using a browser not on a mobile device?

I would like to "Re-NAME" two units that I have changed location of since setting up the network. Where can I change the name?

Hi There,

Gear: AC-1200 Deco S-4 with 3 satelites

Has anyone figured out how to switch WiFi Channels on an S-4?

I see StephH has somewhat the same issue I do.

I live in crowded neighborhood and it seems everyone else is on the same channel. AARRGH!

Appreciate anyones help

How often should I reset my Deco mesh system?

upload
    upload