Enabling the Guest Network

Released On: 2021-05-04 22:38:51Last update time: 2023-11-07 22:43:50

What’s a Guest Network?

A guest network allows visitors in your home to use the internet without needing to connect to your private network. Wireless devices connected to a guest network have no access to resources shared on the main network so that the security and privacy of the main network are guaranteed.

Tap the Menu button in the bottom right corner of the Deco app and then tap Wi-Fi Settings > Toggle on the Guest Network to enable it > Tap the Security to set the password for the guest network.

Tap the Share button or just shake your wireless device and choose Guest Network to share it.

You can share your main network with others in the same way.

Comment

Bought this extender at a thrift store. I can't acccess because of previous owners password that I can't change , please help 

Most people want to share some things on guest network rather than complete isolation. I'm sure Google did some marketing study to figure this out. I wish you all would do same.

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/623812

@Sues_tcvx You might want to make a new topic, instead of posting in this topic as a mod wont see it here. Also, it would help if you added information on the device as there are multiple potential devices you could be referring too. 

upload
    upload