Need to disable SIP ALG on Archer C9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-08 01:21:25
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Starting up a new small business office, with a VOIP phone system. The VOIP provider is adamant about proper router settings, insisting that SIP ALG be disabled (among other things). The provider has specific walk-thru documents online for various routers, but, of course, none of them are for TP-Link routers of any variety. In digging into the settings of the C9, one finds a screen allowing one to enable/disable various ALG flavors, none of which are clearly indicated to be the one(s) necessary to disable to equate to disabling SIP. I think the proper choice is to disable the RSTP ALG (only), but am not entirely confident of that. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Need to disable SIP ALG on Archer C9
2017-11-08 09:49:09
What's the hardware version of your Archer C9?
I don't find any sip alg option on the router. Perhaps you can try to open DMZ for the VOIP system.
Options
Re:Need to disable SIP ALG on Archer C9
2017-11-09 01:10:41
Hardware v1
Firmware 3.17.0 Build 20151009 Rel.61423n

You're correct about the lack of a distinct SIP ALG option--the absence thereof is what led to my post.

W/r/t the DMZ option, I've considered that, but am reluctant to do so for the obvious reasons. (Too much like those dreams where you're walking around naked all the time....)

I should note that the call experience at present is perhaps as good as it's going to get; occasional echoing and mild break-up, but generally the call experience is more than adequate. Interestingly, the bigger problem is sending long e-faxes; wondering if packet sorting/breakup might be contributing to that. Our VOIP vendor of course claims that's exactly the case.

3.17.0 Build 20151009 Rel.61423n

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2183

Replies: 2

Related Articles