C7 (AC1750) setup with CenturyLink Zylel c1100z modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-24 20:54:38
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

CenturyLink actually referred me here. There are some line problems, but seem to be some issues between my C7 and a new CenturyLink c1100z modem, too. Sporadically, I get 20Mbs service and then it just goes to zero and the Archer configuration page comes up in my browser.

My goal is to put the modem in transparent bridge mode and let the C7 do all the routing. But no combination of what CenturyLink has told me and my own tinkering has done the trick, let alone yield a consistent Internet connection.

Can anybody tell me the steups on both the modem and the C7 to solve my internal issues? I know I need to wait on CenturyLink to solve their line problems.

Thank you in advance.

Rob
Options
3 Reply
Follow Up
2018-02-28 00:52:16
I should have included that the C7 router is V4 and the firmware for it and the Zylel modem are both up-to-date.

Rob
Options
Re:C7 (AC1750) setup with CenturyLink Zylel c1100z modem
2018-03-16 14:07:57
Like you said, put the modem in bridge, then configure the C7 as a router. Make sure you configure it correctly, correct wan connection type and so on. Confirm it with Centurylink.
Options
Re:C7 (AC1750) setup with CenturyLink Zylel c1100z modem
2018-03-16 20:17:35
In their wisdom, CenturyLink decided that the problem was that the service to our house was too close to the maximum loop distance to stay consistent (we're at 3910 feet, stated max is 4000). The field techs couldn't see the problem because of its intermittency, but eventually, the support office did see it. Their solution (done just 2 days ago) was to run a 2nd pair of wires into the house and put in a modem that could take 2 pairs. The new modem also allowed them to set the VPI/VCI to 8/35, which the original modem wouldn't (apparently, they were hard-wired in the modem, but not to 8/35). They brought in the 2nd pair, plugged into the modem, were able to set the VPI/VCI, put it in bridge, and so far, we've had reliable 25Mbs signal.

That only took CenturyLink 3 weeks to sort out and fix. Here's hoping! Thanks for the feedback.

Rob
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1082

Replies: 3

Related Articles