AC1200 v2 - LAN Connections Stop Working - WiFi Works Fine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-04-10 07:38:25
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Firmware: 2.0.2 Build 20180117 rel.70858 (US)
Hardware: Archer C1200 v2.0

This is the second time this issue has cropped up in the past three weeks. WiFi connections and the Internet over those wireless connections work fine, but none of my three PCs connected directly into the router via ethernet work. Each PC says No Internet access.

I'm able to access the router's configuration site via 192.168.0.1 from a WiFi device but not from any of the wired connected PCs.

Rebooting the router had no effect in solving the problem. Unplugging it from power for several minutes didn't either.

The only way I've been able to resolve this issue is by unplugging the three ethernet cables from the back of the router and plugging them back in. I've tried each individual port with one PC and all four work.

So can anyone think of what weird issue my router could be having that is requiring me to disconnect and reconnect all of the ethernet cables in order to get LAN connections working again and what I could do to prevent this from happening in the future?
Options
3 Reply
Re:AC1200 v2 - LAN Connections Stop Working - WiFi Works Fine
2018-04-10 17:35:28
Have you changed ethernet cables?
This is really weird~
Or try to add them one by one? do they work properly?
Options
2018-04-10 23:17:06

Kevin SG wrote

Have you changed ethernet cables?
This is really weird~
Or try to add them one by one? do they work properly?

I haven't swapped any cables, yet. But after unplugging them and plugging them back in, the issue was resolved. Hoping someone would know what it is to prevent it from happening again, but if it does, I may try troubleshooting it with one cable at a time to see if a particular cable or PC is the culprit.
Options
2018-04-11 01:59:49
Sounds like either a bad cable as Kev said or the port is worn out and not comm'ing with the cable anymore,

I would also try a factory reset myself incase some of the ISP settings have corrupted along the way, hth.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1081

Replies: 3

Related Articles