AT&T Wi-Fi Calling

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AT&T Wi-Fi Calling

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AT&T Wi-Fi Calling
AT&T Wi-Fi Calling
2018-06-05 00:49:28
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have been using an TP-Link Archer C8 router flawlessly now for a couple of years with one exception and that exception was having Wi-Fi calling work consistently which has been an ongoing problem now for many months. I have called AT&T as well as Comcast who is my internet service provider with both indicating that the issue is not on their end. After searching through this forum for a solution without success I finally decided to contact the support team at TP-Link via email and was provided with some suggestions that needed to be made to my router settings which of course I immediately did. As the results were mixed (Wi-Fi calling worked and then did not work and then did work, etc.) I reluctantly emailed the support team once again and was once again provided with some alternative settings to try. To make the story shorter, this too did not work and my case was elevated to the next level and after multiple attempts with different setting suggestions via email, the gentlemen at TP-Link asked for permission to access my computer and in minutes the problem was solved! In a nutshell here is what was done (I copied and pasted this from his email to me):

As I mention before, I contacted with your ISP and they told us that WIFI Calling only need your router support IPSec Passthrough.
So you need to go to “Advanced---NAT Forwarding---ALG”, and make sure that IPSec Passthrough is enable.

Then, in some situation, “NAT Boost” function will influence the “IPSec Passthrough” function.
So if your WIFI Calling works wrong, you need to go to “Advanced---System Tools---System Parameters”, disable “NAT Boost” function.
But please remember don’t disable the “NAT” function, it will cut down your Internet.

Ideally if anyone is have this same problem this will help to solve it as it worked perfect for me. On an equally important note, I have never been more impressed with the service team at TP-Link specifically Edison Zhang and Leah Qin. They never once told me there was nothing more that they could do but rather insisted on making sure my problem was solved regardless of how long it took. This company clearly stands behind their products and their service level is second to none. I know there are many fine companies both manufacturing and selling competing products but based on the service I just received will look no further than TP-Link when seeking products such as theirs. Great service is a rare commodity and I wanted to make sure my experience was shared with each of you. Hopefully if anyone again is having the same problem with Wi-Fi calling th is helps as well!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 754

Replies: 0

Related Articles