TP-Link Archer C9 AC1900 v4 Slow Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-05 21:38:20
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello all,

I have a brand new TP-Link Archer C9 AC1900 router, hardware version 4. I have a 100mbps fiber optic internet connection. All of my hardwired connections get the max of 100mbps on a speed test. However, my speed test maxes out at EXACTLY 35 mbps over wireless. It won't go not 1 mbps over 35. I have tried changing the channel and channel width but this does nothing. I am testing on the 5GHZ channel. I have also tried several different devices and I get the same result. The devices I am testing on are 802.11ac, so I should have no problem getting to 100mbps on a speed test over WiFi. Also, I am testing less then 5ft away from the router with excellent signal strength. So, can anyone tell me how to fix this? I really, REALLY appreciate any help that you all can provide. Thanks.

P.S. The Archer C9 is the router I got for my business. I have an Asus RT-AC1200 at home and have no problem whatsoever getting to 100mbps over WiFi on the same devices that I am testing with at my business, so I know the devices are capable of going that fast. It's just like the Archer C9 won't put out anything over 35 mbps.

PLEASE HELP
Options