AC600 Archer T2U(US) Ver:2.0 no internet, secured

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-05 05:04:40

I bought this to replace the internal WiFi in my desktop. Windows 10 (64 bit)

followed intall directions ran the cd selected T2U then get the message “you have already installed a driver. If you want to install the new driver, please uninstall the old one first.” 

What?!?! I just plugged the thing in first time how could I have installed it already. Anyways.

Interesting enough I discover I was able to connect to the internet anyways without completing cd install.

So it works fine but sometimes it won’t connect says no internet, secured. I’ve check all the other devices connected to home router and they all working fine and able to connect to the internet, just not me! I try all the troubleshooting steps over and over eventually it works again but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t the troubleshooting steps. 

Driver version: 5.1.22.0

Options
2 Reply
Re:AC600 Archer T2U(US) Ver:2.0 no internet, secured
2019-01-07 19:22:37

@RLCHICK 

Hi,  Because the adapter uses  a common MediaTek chipset, your computer may have already had one installed or Windows found a generic plug and play driver that will work.  If you are having connection issues we recommend download the latest driver from our website which can be found here.  File name ends in 180522_WINS.  Then go to your device manager > Network Adapters, Find the wireless adapter driver and unistall it.  Then extract the setup.exe from the downloaded zip file and run the installer.  Power cycle your computer and then test the connection.  This should fix any disconnection issues you may be experiancing. 

Best Regards

Carl | TP-Link Support 

Options
Re:Re:AC600 Archer T2U(US) Ver:2.0 no internet, secured
2019-01-07 21:34:44

@RLCHICK 

Windows will sometimes regard the default driver as the most recent, Or a previous device was using a compatible driver that windows things is more recent, which may be true depending on when that driver was released.  You will still want to manually remove this driver and install the new one your downloaded.  power cycle the compueter and try to reconnect and test the stability.

Best Regards

Carl | TP-Link support 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4920

Replies: 2

Related Articles