contents of USB storage not visible in windows

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-21 23:01:19

I've connected a usb hard drive to my router and set it up as a shared device in the TP Link manager. In windows it shows up as a Network Media device, C2300-share but I can not open it. When I double click it, it takes me to a web page entitle MiniDLNA 1.1.2 which gives info about the contents of the drive.In TP Link It is set up to enable Network Neighborhood and FTP and to share all folders, which appear when the drive is expanded. Everything seems to work except the final step of opening the share in windows. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Options
5 Reply
Re:contents of USB storage not visible in windows
2019-01-22 00:32:22 - last edited 2019-01-23 18:12:59

@warrentel Here is a link that goes into depth as far as sharing data via a USB drive: https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-1527.html

Other then clicking on the network devices, have you tried the other methods of accessing the data mentinoed as "Method 2"?

Options
Re:contents of USB storage not visible in windows
2019-01-23 00:26:56

I tried Method 2 and tplinkwifi.net is not accessible through Windows explorer.

Options
Re:Re:contents of USB storage not visible in windows
2019-01-23 18:18:56

@warrentel Try the IP address as the name may not be resolving correctly. The IP address that you would use is the IP address of the TP-Link router so if the IP of the router is 192.168.0.1 enter in the explorer address bar:

\\192.168.0.1

or try ftp://192.168.0.1

Options
Re:Re:Re:contents of USB storage not visible in windows
2019-01-23 19:43:25

I was able to access the drive through the IP address, thank you. My ultimate goal is to map it as a network drive. I seem to be unable to do that. When I select Map a Network Drive the dialogue box presents a network icon which when clicked upon does not expand. The Browse button does not offer anything useful.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:contents of USB storage not visible in windows
2019-02-01 23:44:06

@warrentel When you are at the map drive creation screen, manually type in the same address you used to access the drive with the IP. Make sure to open your start menu, right click on my computer, and select "map network drive".

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4044

Replies: 5

Related Articles