Archer C7 issues with wireless speed at desktop.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 issues with wireless speed at desktop.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Re:Archer C7 issues with wireless speed at desktop.
2019-05-23 19:39:02
Excellent. I'll report back once the card is in. Hopefully it will get me some speed back to my desktop. You have been very helpful, Tony. Cheers.
Options
Re:Archer C7 issues with wireless speed at desktop.
2019-05-23 21:10:52

I installed the new wireless dual-band adapter. It took two tries to get the driver to install properly, but it did. The DL speed is now right up there with the hard-wired machine in the other room at over 100 Mbps DL and 11.4 Mbps on the UL. For some reason it shows up as a "Public Network", where the other 2.4 GHz did not. I can't see how that's a problem, as it's still password protected, etc.

The only other thing that I didn't expect is that my IPV4 address changed. Is that because the wifi adapter that's on the motherboard is still there, i.e., it gets to keep the address it had? Oh, and I tried to ping test the connection, using the new IPV4 address, but it was 0 for 4 on responses. Being that my speed issue has been fixed, and that's the important thing, I won't worry unless someone knowledgeable tells me to. ;-) Cheers.

Options
Re:Archer C7 issues with wireless speed at desktop.
2019-05-23 21:22:26 - last edited 2019-05-23 21:35:04

@MrR 

Your new adapter will have a different IP becuase it has its own MAC address. The network being public has to do with your operating system. If you do not share resources from that computer to other devices, then I would simply leave that alone.

Options
Re:Re:Archer C7 issues with wireless speed at desktop.
2019-05-23 21:27:26
Great. Thanks. You've been incredibly helpful. Enjoy.
Options
Related Articles