Anyone using an Archer A20 with Firefox???

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-15 15:30:26
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V1.0.0

When I try to LOG into the GUI using Firefox on W10, Firefox will SAVE the credentials. I can use them after that, but they are not correct.

These are the screen captures going to the GUI with the URL of 192.168.0.1 and tplinkwifi.net. Each results in a different save by Firefox.

I should add that IE and Edge fail basically the same way.

Also I use RoboForm that also can't get the fields for the login correctly. Fails as well on IE and Edge to save the correct data positions.

I've been in contact with Support and they have responded with 'Chrome works' and it is a Firefox and/or RoboForm problem. I find this hard to believe as the GUI is part of the firmware?

I then tried Chrome and it DOES work...

I have contacted RoboForm, but I suspect they will point the finger back to TP-Link? After all, RoboForm works everywhere else? I even pointed out to Support the ERROR's that happen in the GUI HTML, but they dismiss that.

Other stuff too seems wrong, but Support says it is not their problem?

I have started up Firefox in SAFE MODE to make sure no other additions cause the problem, but it still happens.

Anyone else seeing this? Using Firefox (latest release on W10, 69.0.3 (64-bit)) with or without RoboForm V8?

By the way, Support was able to recreate this, and although it does work on Chrome, it does place my name over the Language on the top right of the GUI, but this doesn't bother to change anything in terms of Language.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Anyone using an Archer A20 with Firefox???
2019-10-15 18:08:42 - last edited 2019-10-15 18:21:04

@IrvSp 

One workaround I found is after you login, and get prompted to save the password. I put in the correct credentials, and save it.

When I log in again, I click on the username box, then click on the email, and it puts in the right email address.

The password box will be blank, I click on the password box, and my email will pop up, I click on that, and the password will be put in.

When I log I will still get prompted to save the password, I click the bottom right arrow, and select "Never Save". Now after you log in, you won't get prompted anymore, and can log in with several clicks.

Options
2019-10-15 20:10:42

@Tony 

Ahh, never thought about doing 'never save'!!!

I've heard from RoboForm. Asked me to save the webpage in Chome, they think they can work from there.

Thanks for the HINT!!! Makes it much easier.

Still think it is a GUI problem though. At least it makes it work so I can get rid of Chrome...

Options
2019-10-15 21:04:29

@IrvSp 

Very welcome.

Options
2019-10-29 19:05:02

@Tony ,

Well, I got an answer from Roboform:

====================

James replied (2019/10/29 02:53 pm EDT)  
It's RoboForm.
Just the HTML page is somewhat complicated, so RoboForm is confused.
But our goal is to make RoboForm handle even tricky cases, so, yes, we will fix it.

Any time you encounter a new form filling issue, please don't hesitate to report it,
all the issues will be fixed eventually.

Kind regards,
James

=====================

Must really be a complicated HTML page, only works with Chrome, Firefox, IE, and Edge, have problems with it.

Options
2019-10-29 21:31:58

@IrvSp 

That's good they acknowledged it. I'm sure they appreciate it as I do on our end with our products.

Thanks for the update!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1118

Replies: 5

Related Articles