Scheduling smart plug won't let you start with turn off schedule then turn on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-09 20:42:49 - last edited 2019-12-09 20:54:49

We can't start scheduling task with turn off device. This would be great if you need to restart devices like modems for eldery and such.

Another great feature would be a 'reset button' which would turn off smart plug for 10 - 30 seconds and then turn it back on without other user input.

More elaborate I wrote to Customer support:

I would like to get a software improvement. In scheduling for the kasa smart plug, you can't schedule them to turn off and then turn on. You can only start scheduling with turn on step. I want to be able to start scheduling with turn off then turn on. Another great thing would be if we had button which turns off the plug for lets say 10 seconds and then turns it back on; that way you can restart routers from outside of the house.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Scheduling smart plug won't let you start with turn off schedule then turn on
2019-12-09 22:40:18

@RAU 

What you are actually looking for is an auto-on timer.  This is something that honestly is very difficult for Smart Home devices to accomplish.  For instance the would likely be a Smart Action like the Auto-Off timer.  The difference however would literally mean the device would never stay off.  While on some devices this could be useful when you are only "reboot" a device that is always on but in general would not be very useful beyond that.  I have not heard of us working on such a feature nor do i think that they would in the immediate future.  I will however send this up as a feature request. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1157

Replies: 1

Related Articles