have a problem. Pls help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

have a problem. Pls help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
have a problem. Pls help
have a problem. Pls help
2019-12-13 02:01:27
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.15.3 Build 180305 Rel.52658n

I have AC1750 router. Recently I find that every morning the router is showing have WAN IP address and it is pingable to dns address (8.8.8.8). but can't access the internet through web browser. Then I have to recycle the router and the cable modem, the it can't get WAN IP address at all until around 1 or 2 hours later. It happens several times.  It doesn't look like it's ISP issue. I am wondering how to determin if it's the router issue or the ISP issue ?

Options
1 Reply
Re:have a problem. Pls help
2019-12-13 14:58:32

@cheesecake123 

I might now really have the answer, but I do have a few things you could try.

• The DNS you are using (8.8.8.8) is Google's but there is also a secondary you should be using as well, 8.8.4.4, are you also using that?
  • Try using the ISP's default DNS setting in the router.
  • Try a direct connect to the modem with a wired PC. See if you get the WAN IP address on the PC and can access the Internet?
  • Try a different Ethernet cable from modem to router.

Depending on the results it could clearly indicate where the problem lies.

DNS problems, use the ISP's.

Ethernet cable, use the one that works.

Hard wired to modem with the same results, ISP modem problem.

Hard wired to modem works fine, and cable is known to be good, router problem probably.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 520

Replies: 1

Related Articles