Archer C1200 Slow when connected through it, freezes and lags

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-20 12:30:19
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello, I just moved and got 1gbps internet installed. When connecting directly from my isp's cable LAN to a computer, I'm able to reach the advertised speeds of up to 900mbps.

Now, I'm trying 2.4ghz / 5ghz through phone being next to the router and i'm only able to reach 100mbps down on 5ghz and ~70mbps on 2.4ghz, through LAN ~170mpbs. It's clearly way too slow.

I have my computer few rooms away from the router so you can see 'speed' shown is 120Mbps

Though, through speed test here's what Im getting: 

Speed test is as well super slow / laggy and looks like speed is freezing. I'm not able to get through it fully, through phone same thing looks like test is freezing and sometimes says it has failed to complete.

The admin panel is as well insanely slow, takes up to 20 seconds for pages to load. I tried with my phone's hotspot for the sake of it and I'm reaching speeds as high as the 'speed' is indicated

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C1200 Slow when connected through it, freezes and lags
2020-03-20 21:17:24

@Lietus 

What is the firmware build you are running?

Did you just get the router or was it installed at your previous place? If you have had it before what speeds were you getting then?

Since having the issues have you factory defaulted the router, left the settings alone and tested the speed?

Options
Re:Archer C1200 Slow when connected through it, freezes and lags
2020-03-20 21:30:42 - last edited 2020-03-20 21:32:29

@Tony firmware build: 2.0.2 Build 20180118 rel.38979 (EU)

I just got the router and installed it today, at first had factory settings thats why I tried with different to see if it was fixed, though it wasn't.

I plugged in my 1gbps internet to old router and then routed to the new one just for testing right now and it doesn't even reach the 1/5th of what comes in to the old router when I'm using the old router vs new router speeds, even when using wired lan this scheme: 'old router -> lan cable to new router -> new router -> lan cable to my pc' and speeds are again less than 1/5th of what actually is tested in this method while connecting to old router WIRELESSLY. I did this test just to see what kind of an issue could this be and it confirms something is wrong with AC1200, my old router is some kind of a huawei router provided with a different ISP few years ago.

edit: Also I should mention that something weird with signal strenght is going on as well, every step i take away from the router (from standing next to it) I drop about 10% of my speed, 5g barely reachers 100mbps and 2.4ghz ~70mbps and it starts dropping really quick through both.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1548

Replies: 2

Related Articles