TP-link AC2600 wireless no internet issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-21 13:51:48
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 0.9.1 v1000.0 Build 190305 Rel.62969n(5553)

I just got this router and I was sceptical in purchasing it. The price was right and the reviews were ok. I mostly wanted to see how TP-Link products are now a days. It's been a long time since I had one and I use to have a wifi extender but it wasn't the greatest. I always had to reboot it and factory reset it. I also read that the wireless distance of the AC2600 is one of the best. So I got this router yesterday. I set it all up. So far so good. All of a sudden, a couple hours later, my cell phone which is a Samsung Note 8 says i'm connected to the wireless but no internet. I try the other band 2.4 and same thing. Tried disconnecting a bunch of times and no luck. Reboot the router, that fixes it. Now this morning. same problem. Reboot the router and i'm still having the same issue. 

All my wired connections are good. It seems like all my other wireless connections are also good. But this could be wrong. I feel like it's either this device can't handle many wireless connections. I have about 15-20 in my house. Or it doesn't like my phone. Working in the IT industry and being a Computer Engineer, I have a ton of experience in the tech world and I'm absolutely disappointed with this right now. I'll give it a day or two to see what anyone has to say here before sending it back. My old Cisco Linksys EA3500 which I was having a few minor issues and is 8+ years old with works better. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-link AC2600 wireless no internet issues
2020-04-21 20:52:49

@Johnholmes85 

What else have you tried other than rebooting the router?

Options
Re:TP-link AC2600 wireless no internet issues
2020-11-17 18:03:11

@Tony I initially had to factory reset the device when I first set it up because it wasn't liking my DHCP Reservation rules I put in place. 

Then I had to do another factory reset about a week or two after because it started acting up.  

Options