Router won't connect to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-22 22:22:47 - last edited 2020-04-22 22:25:22
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Internet on light stays red/orange and can't connect to internet. Have unplugged, reset, tried all I know and no luck. Have connected to the ethernet cord previous router was plugged into and it still works. Do not have a modem that is used.  Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Router won't connect to internet
2020-04-23 18:06:47

@HuskerGirl 

Since you mention you do not have a modem I assume you are in a dorm or apartment complex?

Connect the router back so the LED is amber. The amber light means it "sees" a connection, but obviously no internet. Log into the router with your web browser, and go to Advanced > Network > Internet. Look at the IP information, the numbers below are just an example. You should have an IP address or if you connect your other router, you can see what IP address it gets in the WAN or Internet port, that is what this should get as well. If the IP is showing all 0s, then the connection is not recognizing the router. If a company manages the network connection you would want to contact them and tell them the router is not getting an IP address.

If you do have an IP address or the one the other router gets and it shows all the other numbers, then the next thing is to configure DDNS servers. Scroll down the page showing the IP information and click on Advanced, then select the drop-down list to manually enter the DNS servers, and enter the ones shown here. When you are done entering both DNS servers, click Save on the bottom right and see if the LED light changes.

Options
2020-04-23 21:40:19

@Tony Thank you, I will see if this helps.  I also live in a single family house in a little town and just have the ethernet cable coming out of the wall and no modem. Wish my sons were home to do this for me!

Options
2020-04-24 16:56:47

@HuskerGirl 

Good luck!

If you still need assistance over the weekend you can also contact our support team here:

Live Chat: link
E-mail: link

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1197

Replies: 3

Related Articles