AX6000 Not reading USB Storage Properly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-29 12:45:27
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 20200212 rel.7095(5553)

I bought this router around a month ago. Since then it's been smooth sailing until about a week ago. I noticed while browsing the files in my external Hard Drive (Plugged into the router) that there were missing files. Files I knew should be there unless I accedentally deleted them. Then I downloaded some files to a location on said drive. After they were finished downloading the folder was still showing empty. I pulled the drive from the router and plugged it into my desktop. All the files were there! And yes, the files in question are in folder I have set to share in the router settings.

For context I keep movies and TV shows on this drive so I can play them anywhere in the house from the network. I have a "New downloads" folder that everything I download goes to first before organizing into it's final location. This folder was FULL of stuff that was not showing when it was attached to network storage. Also, as an example, I have all of Dragon Ball Z downloaded. It's under TV Shows>DBZ>Season x> Episode x. For some reason the first couple of seasons show up on the network storage but the last 4 seasons folders just show empty! Of course when I pull the drive from the router and browse it locally, it's all there. I wonder what else is not showing... It also makes it to where I can't watch everything I have downloaded. 

I have tried rebooting the router, remounting the drive on the network, moving files around. Nothing has worked. I assumed once I pulled it, it would rescan the drive but it's as if I never pulled it when I plug it back in. Why is the router not showing all my fiels? As a side, is there a way to map the drive to something other than "Your set name">g>"files"

I'd rather it not be set to without the ability to change it. You know, for "advanced" settings, they're not very advanced... I didn't pay nearly $300 for a router that only works for what I need it to do, sometimes. 

How can I force a drive rescan? How can I prevent this in the future? Is there a better custom firmware somewhere? WTH TP-Link, I really liked this router a ton and seems to handle network traffic very well but the issue I'm having now is one of my main use cases and kind of ruins the whole thing making it unreliable for me. Any help here would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Options
15 Reply
Re:AX6000 Not reading USB Storage Properly
2020-04-29 16:24:05

@OceanSlim 

How are you accessing the files? FTP/Samba/Media Server?

How many files exist on the hard drive?

Options
2020-04-29 17:23:12 - last edited 2020-04-29 17:23:47

@Tony 

Multiple ways I access it. Through the windows explorer (media_server) 

Xbox Media Player (DLNA)

I have not tried FTP but I should still be able to see all my files from a DLNA. I can't really use an FTP to access it on an xbox... 

Options
2020-04-29 18:11:36

@OceanSlim 

If you left the USB drive on the router, then used your computer to access the files via Samba or FTP do you see all the files there?

How many files exist on your drive?

Options
2020-04-29 18:39:43

@Tony 

No, I cannot see all the files through the router. That's the problem. 

Options
2020-04-29 18:44:38

@Tony 

Example: 

The very next folder down:

I promise the files are there. If I pull the drive from the router and browse it locally, they are all there. This is not the only folder showing empty. My entire "new downloads" folder shows empty as well...

Options
2020-04-30 17:43:35

@OceanSlim 

The AX6000 uses miniDLNA, in which it is able to scan for media files up to 10,000. So if you access the USB drive by other means like you did when connecting to your computer that's why the files were there and not when looking through your Xbox.

Alternatively you can try connecting the USB drive to your computer instead and have that host the media files which the Xbox should be able to see all of.

Options
2020-04-30 19:44:20

@Tony 

So you're saying my $300 router has a 10,000 file limitation to it's usb sharing capability? AND I have no ability to change that or how the drive is pathed through the router settings? WTH did I buy this router for? I could've just bought a $300 PC instead...

Options
2020-04-30 20:46:14 - last edited 2020-04-30 20:46:41

@Tony 

I've now set it to only share my TV shows folder. There are less than 10,000 files there but it's still showing some folders (the same ones as before) as empty. Even after rebooting the router and changing the share settings. 

The same folder I linked above shows empty when viewing through the file browser on windows. 

I'm browsing the directory //Media_Server->g->TV Shows-> "x show" - "y season" -> "Episode z"

Exactly like the screenshots above. The router is just not sharing files that it's supposed to be sharing. I've also submitted a TP link support ticket on this and have not recieved a response in over 24 hours, unlike what the confirmation email told me.

Ref: [TPLINK SUPPORT #420460]

Options
2020-04-30 20:58:22

@Tony 

Just thought I'd mention, Just checked FTP on my desktop. Same issue.

Options
2020-04-30 22:41:32

@OceanSlim 

In accessing the files using DLNA that is the case.

If accessing the files by any means is not showing the files then I would reach out to our support: link

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4102

Replies: 15

Related Articles