TP Link ID have to re log in everytime it restarts?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-04 12:09:08
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20200216 rel.72186(4555)

I find it strange that I have to constantly re login the tp link id for the router?

Is that normal?

Any chance that i will just have to bind one time? I seem to have bind it over 30 times since I bought it not too long ago. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP Link ID have to re log in everytime it restarts?
2020-05-04 22:05:06

@Silvernitro 

It should be one time and done for the binding, However using it to log into your router's interface will likely need to be everytime.  This is because log ins are session based and when the session expires you will need to sign in again.  

Options
2020-05-04 22:22:02

@Carl 

Thank you.

So do I have to sign in? No right?  Whats the point of having it there then if I don't need to sign in everytime and only need to sign it once?

Options
2020-05-04 23:09:37

@Silvernitro 

Linking a router to your TP-Link ID is not to avoid signing in to the device.  Its to give you access to download and install updates OTA (over the air) and to allow cloud based remote control from the tether app.  It is also to provide you a secure way to log in to the router over using the admin log in.  

Options
2021-06-10 23:57:34

I find it very annoying to have to sign back in to the router admin page when the page has not been used for a few minutes.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1600

Replies: 4

Related Articles