OpenWRT User found fix for C2300 Wifi Drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-03 21:38:50
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.3 Build 20180611 Rel. 77668

Community,

Please broadcast this to where it needs to go. I've had no luck getting any attention to my multiple threads. They either dissappear or can't be navigated to anymore.

I, along with hundreds of customers around the world, have been plagued with constant 5Ghz wireless issues.

I found a post on the OpenWRT community (frankly because I was about to forego my warranty since TP-Link chooses to do nothing) that explains how they fixed wifi drops:

I had this issue. Today I was capable to solve it in Tp-Link Archer C7 v2.

Ssh, go to /etc/config and edit the "wireless" file. In the wifi-iface where you define your Wifi SSID, you have to add this: option disassoc_low_ack '0'

You'll have something like this:

config wifi-iface

option device radio1
option network lan
option mode ap
option ssid OpenWrt
option encryption psk2
option key thisisnotagoodpassword
option disassoc_low_ack 0

After this, my wifi connection is stable and I haven't had any wifi drops.

I hope that this work for you.

Tip: This will serve specially if in the System logs appears the message "disconnected due to excessive missing ACKs" just before the wifi drops.

If it's possible to do this on a C7, then it's possible for a C2300. TP-Link, the floor is yours.

Options
2 Reply
Re:OpenWRT User found fix for C2300 Wifi Drops
2020-10-07 15:48:48

@kennyrogersjr - could you please possibly explain a bit further how you got in via SSH?

I have the Archer C2300 v1.0 and am having the same 5 GHz dropping issue.  When trying to SSH in, I get "Server refused to start shell/command".  I am using the credentials I use to login to the web interface (email address).

Is there a setting I need to enable or a different set of credentials?

Options
Re:OpenWRT User found fix for C2300 Wifi Drops
2020-10-07 17:53:51

@ggeet 

I believe you misread my post. It was a quoted post from OpenWRT forum. SSH is turned off for the C2300s. My 5Ghz is permanently off. There's no point in complaining about a garbo product when the company doesn't listen. Good luck.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2654

Replies: 2

Related Articles