WEP 128 bit encryption

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WEP 128 bit encryption

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WEP 128 bit encryption
WEP 128 bit encryption
2020-06-06 04:27:56
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.8

i am trying to make this router work with devices already set up to work with WEP 128 bit encryption.  I did this at another location, but i dont remember what i did.  These wifi devices worked already on a old router, trying to upgrade to a new model.  Is it possible different firmwares that did away with the old encryption??

Options
2 Reply
Re:WEP 128 bit encryption
2020-06-08 17:31:41

@Brucecs63 

You should see the feature by going to the Advanced menu in the router:

Options
Re:WEP 128 bit encryption
2020-06-08 22:53:58

@Tony 

Thanks, what happened was this.  The first thing i did when i got the router was update to the latest firmware.   i then tried to program the encryption.  WEP was not a option.  I posted it on another Forum, and people found the latest firmware no longer supported WEP, and it was suggested i load a older firmware, which i did, and i now have the WEP option.  I have about a dozen devices that are connected via my routers Wi-fi, just easier to get the router talk to the other equipment, then getting the other equipment reprogrammed to talk to my new router.   I tried to get a Amazon Echo back online with the new router, before downloading the old firmware, and it involved factory defaulting the unit.  Some Wi-fi items i have may not work with WPS, so this was the easy fix.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 658

Replies: 2

Related Articles