My ISP has stopped me from using Archer VR-2800 at their end!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-09 19:24:09
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

cryingI have had some issues with my ISP who refused to help with Internet outage unless their router was attached. There was numerous outages over a week ago across the UK.

Can I connect the VR2800 to the ISP router via network cable to 'unlock' the settings in the ISP router to replicate in the Archer VR-2800? It's a DSL2 connection. I would really like to get my VR2800 up and working as only had it for 12 months. The problem with firmware updates to it which might be a solution is that it needs access to the internet - which currently is not feasible .... H E L P!

Options
2 Reply
Re:My ISP has stopped me from using Archer VR-2800 at their end!
2020-06-10 21:52:03

@swarfendor437 

Here is how you should be able to utilize an Ethernet cable to get the TP-Link running with your ISP router: https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/1731/

If there is an option for DHCP or Dynamic IP for the connection, try that.

Options
Re:My ISP has stopped me from using Archer VR-2800 at their end!
2020-06-11 12:11:05

@swarfendor437 

Well I went to the TP site for the online manual - sorted it that way! Used a notebook to connect wirelessly and set it up from there. Forgot about the steady light connection thing!

blush

Options