Upgraded my router but now the WDS bridge doesn't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-27 23:00:40
Model: AC50  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.2 v0093.0 Build 190125 Rel.63783n(4252)

Hi everyone

I used to have a WDS working fine with my TL-WR81N (main router) and TL-WE740N (extended router).

I purchased a brand new Archer C50 and decided to use it as the main router and take the TL-WR81N as the extension. In this case, I wanted to extend only the 2.4Ghz network.

I followed the procedure over and over again but it doesn't work. Some facts:

- When I try to connect to the extended network, I can't get an IP and therefore the connection isn't established (looks like DHCP from the main router is not responding)

- Through the web console, I could ping Archer C50 from the TL-WR81N. However, it is not possible to ping any IP further than Archer C50.

- I tried to use TL-WE740N as the extended router instead but it doesn't work either

- I switched back to the old configuration (TL-WR81N (main router) and TL-WE740N (extended router)) and it started to work again. At this moment, I tested pinging the routers and found out that even before it wasn't possible to ping an external IP through the extended router web console). However, it didn't prevent the WDS from working.

I don't know what else to do.... It seems like it's a routing issue. At this moment I'm even considering it could be a hardware problem with the new router.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Upgraded my router but now the WDS bridge doesn't work
2020-06-30 18:39:16

@nalvesp 

Have you tried leaving the 841N as the main and putting the C50 as the extended device?

Try enabling the guest network of the C50, and try extending that.

Options
Re:Upgraded my router but now the WDS bridge doesn't work
2020-06-30 23:32:56

@Tony I didn't try that yet, as the only reason I bought a more powerful router is to transmit a stronger signal. I might try that, but still the problem relies with the C50 router... quite disappointed 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 735

Replies: 2

Related Articles