Upgrade to N300?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Upgrade to N300?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Upgrade to N300?
Upgrade to N300?
2020-07-18 17:17:13
Model: General Product  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a TP-Link N300 Powerline Gigabit Wi-Fi Kit , 2-Kit (2-Ethernet Ports) as shown on this amazon page.

I'm using it both for a wired connection and wifi.  For wired, on my network, a direct ethernet connection is ~100M, whereas I get around 30M on the powerline.

Is there a newer verison of this product that would give me better performance, or is this likely just a function of my home wiring?

The features I need are

• AC pass-through on the unit that takes input from my wired network
  • ethernet port & wifi on the unit in my other room

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Upgrade to N300?
2020-07-21 17:07:27

@rlyacht 

Using our newer powerline adapters which uses HomePlug AV2 does a better job sending the signal so generally better speeds: https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/powerline/

However, with our current products, the wireless kits do not have an AV passthrough. You may need to look around to find a kit that does, but make sure it uses the HomePlug AV2 protocol, and that should help. 

In the end, your bottleneck will be the 100 Mbps, but you should be able to get closer to those speeds compared to 30 Mbps. If not, then it is the environment.

Options