Archer C4000 Speed Drop After Reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-01 17:57:25
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I get a speed drop after rebooting my Archer C4000.  In a minute or two the speed goes from about 940Mbs (I have a gig connection) to the mid 500's.  I have tested the speed with a direct connection to the modem and consistently get 900+.  I have a good gaming PC desktop with a wired connection and test with speedtest.com.  Wired through the modem, right after a reboot, I get full speed, generally 900+. 

Rewiring through the router, and freshly rebooted, I get 900+.  Waiting a few minutes, that speed drops to the mid 500's.  This happens consistently.  I know, it is selfish, but I want my Gig getting to the desktop.

Any ideas on what settings to look at?  The router is new, from Costco, thus I have some avenues for tech support.  What are the best options here at TP-Link?

TIA

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C4000 Speed Drop After Reboot
2020-10-01 20:13:44

@FishyJere 

Verify the firmware that the router has is the latest.

You could also do the other setting changes to see if it helps:

Set the application priority to standard (Advanced > QoS > Application Priority)
Disable any device priority (Advanced > QoS > Device Priority)
Disable HomeCare features (Advanded > Security > Antivirus)

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 687

Replies: 1

Related Articles