Feature request / improvements

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-08 20:58:51
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20200714 rel.18254

Hello everyone,

I have had the Archer AX6000 for about a month now, it replaced my google provided router for the 1GB fiber service.  I have some initial questions / requests.

#1 Parental controls:  Setting more than one time window for internet access.  I would like to set multiple times when the internet isn't accessible to a given device.  Maybe durring the school day I want a pause, and then again at bed time.  How about a pause timer?  You select pause, and it asks for how long: 10 mins, 30 mins, forever, custom

#2 Parental controls: Website blocking.  There currently doesn't seem to be a way to build a block list of domains that are blocked / allowed for a given profile. Is this planned for the future?  I have only been able to block the ones that appear on the Insights top 10 list, this isn't very useable and for many is a top desire for controlling access for the children.

#3 the age based restriction is almost useless in my household, I think it needs to be reworked and replaced with a block list of predefined services: Facebook, Twitter, etc, as well as broader categories like Social media, steaming media, etc. and the ability to create block / allow lists.  Nothing works except these sites, or everything works except these sites.

Can someone comment on the likelihood any of these suggestions will ever make it into the product?

Thanks in advance!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Feature request / improvements
2021-02-08 22:01:38

@TPL_user2021 

1. This has been forwarded before by previous users and we have forwarded it to our devs for consideration.

2. When setting the profile category be it child or teen, you can also select the "+" symbol and add a website to filter:

3. You can customize the categories by selecting the "-" symbol to further edit them. To be able to edit everything, choose Adult.

Every feature that is forwarded is always for consideration so there is not a guarantee or likelihood to give, but that they do take note.

Options
2021-02-09 14:27:46

@Tony 

Thank you very much for the information regarding the plus symbol!  Is this documented somewhere?  I would like to know if regular expressions can be used in the Keyword field.  The keyword list is a very comprehensive list! To my surprise it also contains protocols and specific functions like DNS, FTP, etc. I would like to block Google searches, but not all Google services, so I need to be able to block something like "google.com/search?"  So far my tests haven't worked to block based on this type of string / URL

Thanks again Tony for the information.

Options
2021-02-09 21:55:35 - last edited 2021-02-09 21:57:10

@TPL_user2021 

You are welcome.

We do have these FAQs with respect to parental controls:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1598/

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2643/

Regarding the specific URL I haven't seen that work. I think it is more of all or nothing for the root domain so google.com rather than google.com/search.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 557

Replies: 3

Related Articles