slow internet speed through router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-09 23:41:03
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am experiencing a consistent 20-25 MBps net speed through my router. I directly tested the speed bypassing the router and it is 500 mbps. The firmware is current. This just started about 3 weeks ago.How do I test my router to see if it is faulty?

Options
1 Reply
Re:slow internet speed through router
2021-03-10 01:05:09

@Dadof12 

The A20 has a built-in Speed test on the GUI of the router.

Click on that and speed test will open below.

I assume you used a wired PC to the modem to do the test?

Well, it is also possible that the modem 'remembers' the MAC Address of the PC, and if so, it will not really work well with the router. Maybe 3 weeks ago you did this test as well.

If the speed it low, first make sure the cable from the modem to the router is good (or even completely in the WAN port and the modem), replacing it with a known good one like the one you used to test the speed from modem to PC.

If it is still low, power off the modem AND the router. Then power up the modem, wait until it is FULLY up and then power up the router and run the test on the router again.

Still low, probably time to contact support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 465

Replies: 1

Related Articles