Issue with getting TP-PLC utility installed on MAC to turn off power saving mode on AV1000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Issue with getting TP-PLC utility installed on MAC to turn off power saving mode on AV1000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-08 20:19:47
Model: TL-PA7017 KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.8

Just recently have my AV1000 Powerline kit installed.  Got each powerline adapter to pair with each other.  The connection works pretty solid for now.  However, I am having an issue when the connection goes idle, the PAIRING is lost between the adapters.  To fix this, I have to unplug and replug the adapter to one of the powerline adapters for it to pair up automatically again.  Seems like an okay workaround for now, but would like a more permanent fix to this issue.  I've read that it is possible to turn off the default power saving mode for this kit so the adapters don't lose sync with each other.  I've read that the TP-PLC utility has a setting to turn this off.

I've tried installing the app from the official app store on iOS for my iPad Pro.  The utility doesn't recognize any powerline adapter on the network when the device is directly connected to the adapter and all LED lights are green.  I've also tried installing the utility on my macbook with this link - https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/tl-pa7017-kit/#Utility

I have utility version Published Date: 2020-11-19 with my macOS on BigSur 11.3.  I installed the utility but when I try to double click it, it reads.. “tpPLC” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

Is there any way to get the utility installed on any of these devices so it recognizes the powerline adapters?  Would really like to turn off the power saving mode so I don't have to unplug/replug my device when pairing is lost to due inactivity.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Issue with getting TP-PLC utility installed on MAC to turn off power saving mode on AV1000
2021-05-12 22:28:17 - last edited 2021-05-12 22:28:26

@quoquopuffs 

There is a beta utility you can possibly try but is for a Windows computer: link

Regarding the Mac error message you may need to override the security: link

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 963

Replies: 1

Related Articles