Parental Controls not filtering keyword urls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-13 16:10:54
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20191026 rel.16299(5553)

I am trying to use the parent controls feature to disallow my daughter to visit certain websites.  So far no matter what I have tried, using the "Filter Content" section, nothing is being filtered.   Every url I put in is allowed... are their wildcards I need to know about? should I just have to put in the domain?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Parental Controls not filtering keyword urls
2021-05-19 14:56:24

@jwilkin 

If you set profiles (ex. child profile) and added keywords, and nothing is being blocked the MAC address on the device may be changing. The router uses a unique identifier in order to actively block. 

What you can do to test if it even works at blocking at all is to pause the internet access in the parental control menu. If that doesn't work I would check your daughter's smartphone to make sure the security feature is disabled that randomizes MAC addresses.

If you search for articles such as "How to turn off MAC randomization for Android" and another for iPhone you should see quick guides.

With respect to keywords, you would put the site and .com. For example, if I wanted to block Reddit, I would put the app/website entry of: reddit.com

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1211

Replies: 1

Related Articles