Powerline Needs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Powerline Needs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Powerline Needs
Powerline Needs
2021-07-24 14:40:58

Hi,

I am looking for some help on powerline. What I need is a system that will transmit my internet to a computer that has only Ethernet ability.

I have just switched over from DSL (Consolidated) to Cable (Armstrong). DSL came in through my office where I had modem, wireless router and desktop computer. My desk top was plugged directly into the router and everything else in the house was wireless.

Switching over to Cable, they had to come in from the other side of the house. I now find myself with no connection to desktop. Currently I have everything in the house running except the desktop. Direct wire to router is out of the question.

I was told that Powerline is the way to go. I want to purchase TP-Link TL-PA9020PKIT AV2000 2-Port Gigabit Pass through Powerline Starter Kit.

Locations:

A is where cable internet enters home. It is also location of modem and router.

B is where my desktop is. It is also where I have a Fire TV.

C is where I have another desktop and a PS4

My questions are...

What pieces do I need to run 2 items both at B and C?

What iten/items do I need at location A?

I am pretty confused as I always think in terms of transmitter (A) and receiver (B and C). Yet when reading up on these they don't seem to be referred to as such.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerline Needs
2021-07-25 23:27:13

Anyone?

Options
Re:Powerline Needs
2021-08-09 16:12:31

Thanks for all the help. I'm up and running and all is good.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 636

Replies: 2

Related Articles