Access Media Server on local network (172.16.xx.xx) behind router.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-09 17:37:07
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9

Hi,

I have a local network at work using the ip address range 172.16.xx.xx. All devices on this network are connected with gigabit ethernet. The 172.16.xx.xx network itself is connected to the internet via a router.

I have an Archer AX50 connected to this network. The WAN port is on the 172.16.xx.xx network and the router assigns IP addresses in the 192.168.0.xx range to wireless clients. As far as Internet access is concerned everything works fine. All clients access the Internet without a problem.

I also have a Synology NAS as well as a Windows 10 PC both configured as media servers on the 172.16.xx.xx network. DLNA clients on the 172.16.xx.xx network see and access both media servers without a problem.

Unfortunately none of the wireless clients connected to the Archer AX50 can see the media servers. I have tried enabling UPNP on the AX50. I have also tried putting a wireless connected PC in the DMZ and I have tried port forwarding. Nothing I have done allowed me to see the media server on the 172.16.xx.xx media servers from the wireless side.

This is supposed to be a common setup but I haven't been able to do it after everything I tried. I seem to be missing a step or doing something stupid. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mehmet

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 472

Replies: 0

Related Articles