How to block DNS requests from a smart device in my LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-24 16:42:41
Model: Archer A10 Pro  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

My model, AX6000 is not on the list so I just put A10 Pro. I have a Tuya smart switch that I'm only wanting to control locally via Home Assistant. I'm using the Tuya Local integration you can find here https://github.com/rospogrigio/localtuya .

I've blocked internet via parental controls but on the Github page I linked it says:

NOTE - Nov 2020: If you plan on integrating these devices on a network that has internet and blocking their internet access, you must block DNS requests too (to the local DNS server eg 192.168.1.1). If you only block outbound internet then the device will sit in zombie state, it will refuse / not respond to any connections with the localkey. Connect the devices first with an active internet connection, grab each device localkey and then implement the block.

Where in the router do I go to block DNS requests for this device?

Thanks

Options