Not sure that I have my TP-Link extender set up correctly and am using it correctly.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Not sure that I have my TP-Link extender set up correctly and am using it correctly.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-04 15:09:51
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Sorry I can not find my TP-Link manual. I have been going to TP Link Support.

When setting up my TP RE220 I plugged the extender in by my router, pressed the WPS on my router which started blinking, pressed the

WPS on my extender and it started blinking within 2 minutes. I moved the extender about 25 feet from my router and plugged it in. The extender then showed power, wi-fi symbol and 2.4 and 5.0 Mhz all solid green lights.

On my wi-fi settings I see my old wi-fi Ex.(AT1234) and then I see AT1234_EXT. Please someone tell me which of these two wi-fi's do I need to be using the extender. Do I need to switch to the AT1234_EXT or leave my wi-fi on the old AT1234. And because the 2.4 Ghz and 5.0Ghz lights are on the extender is it selecting the correct devices that use 2.5 and 5. 0 automatically. I am wanting to extend my wi-fi outside to a video surveillance camera that uses 2.4 Ghz.

Thank you all but the AT1234_EXT wi-fi has me confused how or if I need to set my wi-fi on it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 375

Replies: 0

Related Articles