AX6000 Firmware Update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX6000 Firmware Update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AX6000 Firmware Update
AX6000 Firmware Update
2022-05-29 22:35:48
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20210719 rel.12163

In router settings, firmware update says my firmware is up to date, but in support, downloads, a more recent firmware is available(V1_211208). When I download and unzip it and try to update, The progress bar never shows anything no matter how long I wait for it to update.

Options
4 Reply
Re:AX6000 Firmware Update
2022-05-31 23:36:29

@Pierre007 

If you are still having difficulty updating the firmware using the files provided, the most up-to-date firmware can be downloaded at AX6000 Downloads also.

Please try to use this file and please report back if you are still having difficulty.

Options
2022-06-02 03:18:34

Riley_S wrote

@Pierre007 

If you are still having difficulty updating the firmware using the files provided, the most up-to-date firmware can be downloaded at AX6000 Downloads also.

Please try to use this file and please report back if you are still having difficulty.

As I stated in my post, I was using the latest firmware file found in AX6000 downloads.

Options
2022-06-02 21:41:10

Sorry @Pierre007,
That was my bad, I completely read your post wrong. Have you tried to update the router's firmware by using the check for update button above the area in which you start the process for a local firmware upgrade; this will check the TP-Link server and download the newest update automatically.

For more information, I wanted to ask how you would end the firmware upgrade process since the progress bar never moves?

Here is the provided Knowledge Base Article that details the different methods of upgrading the firmware for routers, just to ensure that you are not missing a step in the manual update process: Upgrading Your Firmware

Options
2022-06-03 01:23:33

@Riley_S When I do the check for update button, it says firmware is up to date. When I check the firmware update in the downloads, there is a newer version of the firmware than what I have installed. I can download this newer file, unzip it, select the bin file and press update but the progress bar never moves so the I just quit and router stays on its current firmware, I've tried rebooting and no help. Per the description, this does not seem to be a major update so I am about ready to throw the towel in.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2242

Replies: 4

Related Articles