RE105 Losing its connection (tether) with an iPhone XS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-07 13:44:11

Hi, I have scoured the internet for the best info, I am not satisfied with all of the nonsense I have seen. all iPhone related. This is my first trip here.

I am fairly adept at IT stuff having retired from 18 years in that field. I have been using a TP Link RE330 with my Cell  phone (android) for a long time to run my streaming at my home. Instructions are easy, the extender “pairs” with my device and then “rebroadcasts” it.

No problems with losing connection between the phones “hotspot” it creates for the extender to see. I have had flawless connectivity for my smart tvs, my desktop pc's,  laptops and iPad. When I leave the area and it drops connection, upon return it always reconnects, no problems whatsoever.

However I bought a second unit, a RE105 to tether to my wife’s’ iPhone, and have already had trouble.

It has already dropped the connection 2x. I had to go into the extenders web page and rescan for it to “see” the iPhone. This did not work the first time. I did all the suggestions about the problems, KNOWN for the iPhone in general about this problem. Turn the Airplane mode on and off, turn off the hotspot and turn on, restart the phone etc. reset the network settings. After a second rescan, for no apparent reason, it popped up again. You get the idea. I know it’s not the extender with the problem, it’s something (the way I have understood) inherent in the iOS that’s flaky. To be clear this is not an internet connectivity issue, that part is fine on her phone. It’s the phone not being recognized when in hotspot mode altogether.  I tried all my other devices to see if it was being broadcast by the extender, and it showed up nowhere.

So what is the culprit, if known by anyone here and the “permanent” solution? I am not a phone guy per se’, I am a pc hardware tech. But there is definitely something different between my android and my wife’s iPhone, which is the difference in mine always connecting with the extender and her phone having this problem, not being “seen”, in its hotspot mode, consistently. After getting it paired again this am, is has not dropped out, and is "running" the smart tv and one desktop, but my concern is that if and when it does re- occur, what the next move is ?

Thanks for bearing with me,

Steve from Sunny Fla.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 245

Replies: 0

Related Articles