Router Capped at 30

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router Capped at 30

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Router Capped at 30
Router Capped at 30
2022-11-09 16:17:33
Tags: #Internet speed cap
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: N/A

Ok I recently put my modem into bridge mode to fix my double Nat issue, and now my router is only getting 30 down and 8 up. I called spectrum and they basically asked why would I not just use the built in router of my modem. We pay for 300mpb speeds and before I added the TP-Link we were only getting 80 down 10 up. With the new router I get 280 down 15 up. The only down side is double Nat. So does anyone know what I should do? Is there a setting I'm missing on my router or modem that could cause the cap?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Router Capped at 30
2022-11-09 18:15:21

@Jasondidit,

If I am reading this correctly, you disabled the bridge mode on your router after contacting your ISP?

If so, the only way to get rid of this is to either potentially disable the DHCP and addressing functionality on your ISP router, or connect your TP-Link router as an access point. This would still allow you to take advantage of the improved network hardware from TP-Link, but would remove many of the management features that come with the router, as the device from your ISP would then be in charge of managing your entire network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 258

Replies: 1

Tags

Internet speed cap
Related Articles