Outdoor Access Point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Outdoor Access Point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Outdoor Access Point
Outdoor Access Point
2022-12-22 13:55:40
Model: RE550  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have an outbuilding that I want to supply a Wi-Fi connection to. Been using an Apple Airport Extreme in the house to connect to an Apple Airport Express in the outbuilding. That has pretty much worked except there is the occasional drop in Summer when tree foliage partially blocks the line of site. I recently obtained an Archer C80 router and RE550 Extender to replace the Apple products. The connection is a little bit better, but I'm wondering how to make it rock solid with an outdoor Access Point. 

I don't see how to incorporate the TP-Link outdoor AP products into this network. I'm looking at an Engenius ENH1350EX. Would this be as simple as mounting the ENH1350EX and running an ethernet cable to it? And the RE550 would pick up a stronger signal from the ENH1350EX than the C80 in the house? Or would the ENH1350EX not be compatible with the TP-Link network?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 348

Replies: 0

Related Articles