TL-WA1201 multi-SSID VLAN help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-07 14:39:39 - last edited 2023-05-07 17:13:32

I'm trying to use the multiSSD function with VLANs but struggling to make it work as I was thinking it should.

Tried to write up a description of the connections and settings, but thought perhaps a diagram would be easier. This I what I want to do but it doesn't work with the TL-WA1201 when I set the SSID to VLAN 10.

Bear in mind ultimately I would like to have at least two, possibly three SSID + VLAN (10, 20, 30) but if I can't make just one work then surely two or three won't either??

The wired IP cams show up properly on the NVR

The wireless IP cam is connected to the AP but does not show up on the NVR.

Where have I gone wrong?

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WA1201 multi-SSID VLAN help
2023-05-13 00:32:55

@Whoaru99 

I experienced a similar issue while attempting to set up a VLAN. My goal was to establish an internet connection for a device on the VLAN. To achieve this, I created the VLAN and untagged port 1, where the device was connected. I also tagged port 18, where my wireless router was connected. Under port configuration, I added port 1 to the new VLAN. I intended for the wireless router to handle NAT and set up a DHCP Relay for my Windows DHCP Server. The device on the new VLAN successfully acquired an IP address from the DHCP server. Under the L3 feature, I assigned a static IP address to the new VLAN and ensured that it was included in IPv4 routing. Despite these efforts, I was unable to ping or traceroute devices between VLANs.

Upon inspecting the wireless router’s routing table, I discovered that the new subnet was not present. I created a static route for the new subnet and refreshed the routing table. This allowed me to ping the new VLAN from devices on a different VLAN. However, devices on the new VLAN were still unable to connect to the internet. Despite my efforts, I was ultimately unsuccessful in resolving this issue.

It’s worth noting that the switch, wireless router, and DHCP server all reside on the same subnet and on the default VLAN. The new VLAN has its own subnet.

I hope this information is helpful in addressing your situation.

Options
Re:TL-WA1201 multi-SSID VLAN help
2023-05-13 00:42:36

@Whoaru99 

Also, looking at your diagram everything appears to be right.  It seems "dumb switches" perform better routing than "smart switches." Oh, the irony!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 528

Replies: 2

Related Articles