Wake-on-Lan works from outside NAT, but not otherwise.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-09 19:28:23
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.15

Hello,

I have a rather strange problem -- seemingly the opposite of what others usually encounter.
I can't seem to get local WoL working. It works for a few minutes after my target machine goes to sleep, but waiting any longer causes any broadcast magic packet to not make it to the target.
What *does* work however is creating a virtual server on the router for the machine, and targeting the WAN IP of the router from outside the network and the external port for the virtual server. This method always works and there doesn't seem to be a window of opportunity that can be missed. After much reading, it seems plausible to me that the DHCP reservation and ARP binding I am providing for the machine are not holding fast. The router "forgets" these records even when instructed to remember.

I am very hopeful the context I've provided can provide enough clues that the situation can be resolved.

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 189

Replies: 0

Related Articles