TP Link Range extender kills the internet in the rest of the network

TP Link Range extender kills the internet in the rest of the network

24 Reply
Re:TP Link Range extender kills the internet in the rest of the network
2024-08-07 13:48:58

I had exactly the same problem as described, using three of these WA850RE devices, connectivity to the main router wi-fi (a Huawei Wi-fi 6 router provided by the local ISP Zeop) became extremely flaky.

I took these steps, to try and improve things. All I can say, is that things improved slightly, but not to the extent that I'd say it's satisfactory:

1) Upgraded the firmware on all three devices to 10.0.13

2) Set all three devices to use a static IP address, and disabled DHCP on all of them.

After doing this, for a few minutes, I thought it was fixed, as I could connect to the main router's wi-fi, and each of the wi-fi extenders. However it wasn't long before the connection dropped, and I started getting that problem where it prompts for the wi-fi password, even though the password has already been correctly entered on my laptop/phone.

I should mention that there is also a Netgear PLW1000/CPL1000 Powerline kit which runs perfectly fine on the same network. I'm now thinking of ditching the TP-Link extenders and going with another Netgear Powerline device!

Options
2024-08-11 10:19:03

@buxter can you suggest which repeater you bought ? I am facing same problem as you.

I was thinking of getting one mesh supporting devices of TP-Link

Options
3 weeks ago

BIUS

Options
Saturday

@jesperk2 It DOES work, thanks!!!

Options

Tags

Problem