AX1800 Applications cannot communicate between wired and wireless

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-12 03:34:13

We are trying to communicate between a Mac using TF Editor and a Yamaha TF Rack mixer. 

Router is not connected to the Internet (this is in a synth/mixer cart for marching band)

Scenarios tested (Ethernet (mixer) to Ethernet Mac) 192.168.1/24 works) This was tested using just a switch and through the switch ports on the AX1800.

Ethernet (mixer) to Wireless (Mac) (same IP subnet) does not connect but can ping

we need to get the wireless to wired working because the mixer is wired only and there are wireless clients that need to connect to it. 

thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:AX1800 Applications cannot communicate between wired and wireless
2023-09-12 05:15:33

@Fletchsd 

In general router switch ports are bridged with router wireless radio and there shouldn't be any issues with the communication between them.

Make sure that this setting is not enabled:

ff3db4fceee944649643401ad99a0cdf

Also do the test using connection between router switch ports and wireless clients to exclude any potential switch issues.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-09-12 06:11:15
Thanks!, I ended up getting it working, but not sure what I did that made it work. There was a Netgear unmanaged switch plugged into the TP-Link router in with the mixer was plugged into. I removed that and isolated the two Ethernet connected devices to ports two and three of the router. Still worked on wired and not on wireless. I then moved the port the mixer was plugged into to port one and it started working. I may have done something else, but nothing of any significance. Going to see how things are working over the next few days, but still scratching my head about what actually fixed the issue.
Options
2023-09-12 06:49:02 - last edited 2023-09-12 15:53:44

@Fletchsd 

The other setting that could affect the router switch port behavior is the IPTV/VLAN (it should be disabled in your case):

6632f153f87043fd94ad7baa48b6a57e

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 272

Replies: 3

Related Articles