Device Names Not Saving

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Device Names Not Saving

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Device Names Not Saving
Device Names Not Saving
2023-10-22 02:13:20
Model: Archer AX10000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.3

Recently noticed that all the WiFi devices connected to my LAN had their device names/hostnames reset. I haven't made any changes, seems to have just happened on it's on. All the wired devices connected to the LAN ports were not affected; their hostnames still show as what I set them to. Also, noticed that the devices whose names were reset are all IoT devices (cameras, smart TVs, smart plugs, etc).

So I went ahead and tried to save the devices names again for each device but for some reason they are not being saved. Not sure what's going on but it's annoying because I can't tell which device is which when looking at the client list via the app or the web management. Just shows a generic name or some show up as "none" for their name.

Anybody experience this? If so, how'd you fix it? Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Device Names Not Saving
2023-10-23 18:07:43

Hey @techie_19,

Can you first check to see if your router has a firmware update available for it? According to the site, the AX10000 v2/2.6's most recent firmware version is 2.1.6

Have you tried setting the names via both the App and WebUI?

Make sure to reboot your router in case you have not already.

I would also recommend creating an IP reservation for the device and then setting a name for the device, that way the device should always connect via the same IP address.

Options
Re:Device Names Not Saving
2023-10-23 18:26:24

@Riley_S 

Thanks for the reply. I listed V2 but I actually have the V1 model and updated it to the latest firmware v1.3.4.

I have tried via both the app and web management GUI. Rebooting the router doesn't seem to help.

I've had IP reservations and IP/MAC binding enabled. Everything had been working fine and all of a sudden all the wifi IoT devices' names reset. Currently the devices are still holding their IP reservations and IP/MAC binding. The issue is the names.

Oh yeah, other thing I noticed is some Wi-Fi devices being dropped from the network and having to reconnect. Some numerous times within a few minutes. I have my lease time set to 60 minutes.

I've created a ticket with TP-Link support. Waiting to hear back from them. Router is still within 2 years warranty period. May end up being that it just crapped out. 

Options