BE800 - Wifi issues on 2.4Ghz

BE800 - Wifi issues on 2.4Ghz

23 Reply
Re:BE800 - Wifi issues on 2.4Ghz
Monday - last edited Monday

Hi @eousphoros,

I understand we can do some workaround, even reboot the router every day on schedule. I think that's why the "Reboot Schedule" function exists.

This is a very irresponsible approach, pushing features to consumers that cannot solve the underlying problem instead of providing tools to solve it. After all, it is a high-end price-positioned product.

Options
Monday

Hi @Kevin_Z,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not looking for a workaround solution, but I hope it's a functional router that functions like a regular product.

As a senior software engineer, I'm sure it's a software problem.

It just happened right now. I can search the BSSID on all my available devices for the 2.4G signal, but it is not connectable. All connected to 2.4G devices are just disconnected.

If I can grab these logs, I'm very willing to provide useful information to improve the product. Otherwise, it's just a useless screenshot.

Cheers.

b7e99c75fb044b01ba161c071c0fc24c

Options
Monday

@s80275 

i don't know if i would call my changes a workaround. As a software engineer im sure you understand that edge cases exist and im positive networks like ours are not the primary target.

I'm thankful that TP-Link gave us the nobs and functionality tho to enable our use case.

Not so different then tuning a Java jvm or Linux sysctl's. 

s80275 wrote

Hi @eousphoros,

I understand we can do some workaround, even reboot the router every day on schedule. I think that's why the "Reboot Schedule" function exists.

This is a very irresponsible approach, pushing features to consumers that cannot solve the underlying problem instead of providing tools to solve it. After all, it is a high-end price-positioned product.

Options