Dog chewed power cord. Repaired, but device is dead

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-07 04:26:51
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Sorry, its dead

New puppy in the house, and he got to the power cord to the router and chewed through the cord.

I got out the wire tools, soldering iron, heat shrink etc...   Did a simple repair.

Tested the cord out with a multi-meter and it is showing 12 Voits at the connection.

However, when I plug it back in, nothing.  

No lights, nothing.  

Pushed the power button - nothing.

Hit the WPS/Wifi button - nothing

Hit the Reset button - nothing.

Shut down the computer, disconnected the Cable Modem.  Did a full restart like it was a brand new router - nothing.

Are these so temperamental that a sudden power change brick them???  It is only like 4 months old.

I would put down the actual Version number and Firmware version - but its dead.   Sorry.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Dog chewed power cord. Repaired, but device is dead
2024-03-07 10:08:57

@TheMeanFarmer 

A sudden loss of power should not brick the router.

It might have been a short-circuit (when the power cord has been chewed) that could cause an electronic component burn.

In any case if you have a spare power adapter 12 V ⎓ 1 A to test with is a good start.

If the device still doesn't show any signs of life you could contact your local support service for help.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-03-07 17:02:02

@terziyski 

Thank you for the response.

I did have a spare power adapter from my previous router....the one my daughters dog tipped a glass of water on.

Nothing!!!

How do I find/locate/contact my local service people???

Options
2024-03-07 17:21:31

@TheMeanFarmer 

Use this link and select your region to contact your local tech support.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options